Wolfpack MTB Enduro Tire
- Borealis Bikes Canada
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
A tire that deserves the name Enduro.
Thanks to the new ToGuard compound, the tire impresses with reduced rolling resistance combined with greater traction sound contrary, but the results are the ultimate testament to the master Wolfgang Arenz.
With no other compound I was able to expand the conflict between grip and rolling resistance as with this new ToGuard compound.
This tire confirms itself as a great all-rounder in the field, on roots, stones or loose ground and brings driving pleasure in the descents, with great traction uphill.
The cornering hold thanks to the well-positioned outer lugs is simply unmatched.
Despite its rough profile, it impresses with its good rolling resistance.
The new apex provides very good puncture protection with a very low weight.
- ToGuard Compound
- Maxim Pressure 60 psi / 4 bar
- tubeless ready: YES
- 860gr (27.5″x2.6″)
- Color Black Tread / Black Sidewall / Blackout Logos
Wolfpack Tires with ToGuard Compound offer the trifecta of excellence creating a new standard in Bicycle tires.
ToGuard Compound offers increased grip with even lower rolling resistance and improved flat protection. Already adopted and raced by Top Pro teams such as Team Astana in 2019, Wolfpack Tires are proving their benefits in all environments.
ToGuard Compound is engineered for tread surface contact. It increases grip across the entire tread surface area, providing a tire that improves turning and stopping. Turn harder, slow down and stop faster. This allows the rider to reach a higher maximum edge of performance, enhancing overall speed and reducing total time.
Lower Rolling Resistance
Rolling resistance is not just a characteristic of grip, rolling resistance is most improved by reducing energy absorbed by tire deflection. Wolfpack Tires with ToGuard Compound absorb less deflection energy, providing reduced rolling resistance from all other tires using his previous compounds.
Superior Real-world Puncture Protection Design
ToGuard Compound is designed to be inherently puncture resistant. This is superior to other tires that use interior protection “belts” for a number of reasons:
- Other tires with a puncture protection belt have an exterior soft layer can hold tiny embedded sharp objects. If not immediately removed, the object will keep cutting into the belt until even the strongest belted tire goes flat. ToGuard resists embedding the object in the first place.
- Puncture protection belts are stiff because they try to offer more protection with a thinner layer. These cause stiffer overall tires which are uncomfortable to ride, and cause higher rolling resistance, slowing you down! ToGuard’s surface-to-shell compound protection enables more flexibility and lower rolling resistance.
- Belts don’t provide complete coverage, they only protect the belted area. On race tires, other tire makers only put protection in the tread, leaving sidewalls highly vulnerable. They make separate “tougher” tires with multiple belts. Those tires are slower, heavier and uncomfortable. ToGuard protects from bead-to-bead, making a light, fast tire with puncture resistance. No need for compromise.